A ground beef shepherds pie recipe made with ground beef and seasoned with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. Serve this cottage pie for a hearty breakfast or brunch. You could also serve this for a late dinner after work. It is a quick and easy dish that works well as a way to use up leftovers.
Shepherds pie is an easy recipe to stretch if you have unexpected guests arriving. Just add a can of mixed vegetables to the meat portion of the recipe and this will easily serve 6 people.
Personalized and Vintage Casserole Dishes
Hey! Have you been looking for a new casserole dish or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these personalized casserole dishes and vintage casserole dishes on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts and handmade items. Check it out.
Ground Beef Shepherds Pie Recipe
- 2 cups cooked ground beef (you can also use leftover steak or roast)
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup brown beef gravy
- salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon hot red pepper
- 2 cups prepared mashed potato (can use instant mashed potatoes)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1-15 ounce can mixed vegetables, drained (optional)
- ¼ cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 6-quart round casserole glass baking dish or a 9" x 9" square pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked ground beef, gravy and onion. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and hot red pepper.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the mashed potatoes, parsley, thyme and oregano. Mix well.
- In the bottom of your greased casserole or baking dish, layer half of the mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.
- Add the meat mixture on top.
- Follow with the remaining half of the mashed potatoes.
- Dot the mashed potatoes with small cubes of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and the Shepherds pie is heated all the way through.
Family Friendly Dinner Ideas
Great Date Night Dinner Ideas
More Main Dish Potato Recipes
Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
Cheesy Mashed Potato Balls
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
Southern Style Cheesy Potatoes
Hearty Shepherds Pie Recipe
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes With Ham And Peas
Homemade Scalloped Potatoes
Browned Butter Potatoes
Triple Cheese Potato Casserole
Fried Potatoes Recipe with Ham and Green Onions
Cheesy Shredded Potato Casserole with Ham and Peas
Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole