Fried potatoes and ham is an easy side dish made with tiny red potatoes, green onion, ham, and butter. Serve these hearty breakfast potatoes on a cold winter weekend.
Mmm…potatoes frying in butter. I am so there! To me, fried potatoes just says comfort food all around. I could just keep eating these one after one until I am stuffed and forget any other food on the table. (But perhaps that is just me.) 🙂
They make a nice side dish for steak, hamburger, or sliced ham. You can offer something different rather than French fries for a side dish. Fried potatoes also make a nice addition to a savory brunch menu or skillet breakfast and are delicious paired with scrambled eggs, muffins, and fresh juice.
I love simple recipes and also quick and easy recipes. This one takes around 30 to 40 minutes from start to finish and uses common ingredients, which suits how I cook. You get to use up those last bits of leftover ham with this recipe too, so nothing goes to waste. You can also substitute chives or small pearl onions if you do not have any green onions available.
Serve with scrambled eggs and cheddar sausage muffins for a savory brunch menu idea.
Fried Potatoes And Ham
- 1-(1-1/2 lb.) small bag of tiny red potatoes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked ham
- 2 -3 Tablespoons butter for frying
- Scrub and wash the entire bag of potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into small bite size wedges, about 4-6 pieces for each potato. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Slice 4 green onions thin using both white and green portions
- Cube the ham into bite size pieces, about ½" square.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Do not allow butter to burn.
- Add the potatoes and green onion and fry about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the ham and continue cooking for another 7-8 minutes or so; until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
More Main Dish Potato Recipes
Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
Cheesy Mashed Potato Balls
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
Southern Style Cheesy Potatoes
Ground Beef Shepherds Pie Recipe
Shepherds Pie Recipe
Hearty Shepherds Pie Recipe
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Homemade Scalloped Potatoes
Browned Butter Potatoes
Triple Cheese Potato Casserole
Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Cheesy Shredded Potato Casserole with Ham and Peas