These fluffy mashed potatoes are made with eggs, cheddar cheese, onion, and red pepper. Whipped egg whites in the recipe make these potatoes light and fluffy.
If you think mashed potatoes are a bit boring on their own, take a look a this unique recipe. This one comes from my mom’s recipe box collection and has been around our family for quite a few years.
Cheddar cheese, green onion and red pepper make this side dish a colorful addition to your dinner table. You get the colors of yellow, red, and green with this dish, which adds an appetizing element rather than just plain white potatoes. This dish comes out nice and fluffy with the addition of egg whites into the recipe.
To me, mashed potatoes have always been one of my favorite comfort foods. This is another alternative for dinner rather than hash browns or American fries. It is also a good way to use up any leftover mashed potatoes you have and they require no gravy. They taste great on their own or with a bit of butter.
Serve these potatoes with meatloaf, steak, sliced ham or just about another meat, fish, or poultry. You can even consider adding them to your brunch menu as a side dish.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Fluffy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
- 3 eggs separated
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using two bowls, separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Set the egg whites aside. In a medium to large bowl, beat egg yolks by hand or with an electric mixer until lemon colored.
- Into that bowl, add the mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, green onion, red pepper, salt, and pepper and beat until mixed.
- In a separate medium to large sized mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into the potato mixture.
- Place in a greased 1-1/2 quart glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
More Main Dish Potato Recipes
Cheesy Mashed Potato Balls
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
Southern Style Cheesy Potatoes
Ground Beef Shepherds Pie Recipe
Shepherds Pie Recipe
Hearty Shepherds Pie Recipe
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Homemade Scalloped Potatoes
Browned Butter Potatoes
Triple Cheese Potato Casserole
Fried Potatoes Recipe with Ham and Green Onions
Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole