A fresh fruit salad recipe made with bananas, strawberries, oranges, and grapes and topped with sour cream honey dressing. Serve this fruit salad for breakfast or brunch as an accompaniment to pancakes, waffles, or scrambled eggs.
Do you ever just browse the fresh produce section at the grocery store and scoop up a beautiful package of strawberries or grapes? When you get home you might wonder what else you can do with them besides eat them plain. Enter the fruit salad! Try this easy recipe when your fruit is getting a bit over-ripe and you need to use it up quickly.
The sour cream, orange juice, and honey dressing has a sweet tangy flavor, but is still light enough so it does not overpower the fresh fruit.
Serve this as a quick and easy salad to round out a brunch menu or as a weeknight dessert.
If you have young chefs in the family, this is an easy recipe for them to get started learning kitchen basics. Have them clean and slice the fruit (with supervision) and have them stir it all together.
This is an easy recipe you can put together in about 15 minutes. You can make this an hour or two ahead of your meal and refrigerate until it is ready to serve.
Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 4 medium oranges, pared and sectioned or 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- Sour Cream Honey Dressing:
- ½ cup dairy sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- Slice bananas, strawberries, oranges, and grapes. Place in large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, honey and orange juice and mix well.
- Coat the fresh fruit with the dressing and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Serve immediately. This salad does not keep that well in the refrigerator overnight because the bananas turn brown.
More Fruit Salad Recipes