Colby cheese fruit salad is made with Colby cheese, apples, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, yogurt and walnuts. Serve with breakfast and brunch recipes like quiches, pancakes and waffles.
Light and refreshing, this fruit salad is a nice addition to balance a heavier meal.
French vanilla yogurt and honey provides a natural sweetness to complement the fresh grapes, apples, blueberries, and strawberries. Just about any fruit that is in season can be used to make this fruit recipe a family favorite.
I prefer Colby cheese in this recipe as it is a semi-hard yellow cheese and has a milder flavor than cheddar cheese. The cheese was developed in the 1874 by Joseph Steinwand at his cheese factory near Colby, Wisconsin. Being from Wisconsin myself, Colby cheese is in my opinion one of the best tasting cheeses on the market.
If Colby cheese is unavailable, you can use cheddar cheese instead, but the flavor will be distinctly different.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
While you can place this in a big serving bowl, using antique dessert sauce dishes or teacups make a festive addition to your breakfast or brunch table.
Colby Cheese Fruit Salad Recipe
Colby Cheese Fruit Salad
- 2-6 ounce cartons French vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup Kraft Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 cups shredded or diced Colby Cheese
- 2 cups cubed tart apples, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries halved
- 1/2 cup fresh whole blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whole strawberries and/or blueberries for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the yogurt, salad dressing and honey. Stir with a whisk until very smooth.
- Add all of your cheese and fruit and walnuts to the yogurt mixture and coat evenly.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours until well chilled.
- Serve in your favorite antique dessert serving dishes, wine glasses, pudding cups, or antique tea cups.
- Garnish with a whole strawberry and a few blueberries for a festive addition to your breakfast or brunch table.