A summer fruit salad made with oranges, bananas, and pineapple and sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar and shredded coconut. Serve in individual parfaits for breakfast or brunch or make one big salad in a large glass serving bowl.
Sometimes when the heat and humidity reaches a certain point, warm foods just don’t sound that good and you can find yourself craving something cool and refreshing. A fruit salad is a nice choice for lunch or an afternoon snack.
Just a light dusting of confectioners sugar between each layer of fruit is all that is needed to sweeten the fruit. Adding the shredded coconut is optional, but I found it added a festive touch and a bit of an island flair to the presentation.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
I also recommend having your children help you with this recipe as it is quick and easy. Since there is no cooking involved, they will have fun placing the fruit into each dish just right and sprinkling the confectioner’s sugar between each layer.
You could also serve this salad for breakfast or add it to your favorite brunch menu. As it uses common fruits that you may usually have in your pantry, it is a beautiful way to add some color and sparkle to your weekend brunch menu in only about 15 minutes.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 8 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh cut pineapple OR 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
- shredded coconut
- In the bottom of a parfait glass or glass serving bowl, layer the mandarin oranges so it covers the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top of the mandarin oranges.
- Slice a banana and place a layer of bananas on top of the oranges. Sprinkle again with confectioner's sugar.
- Repeat layers with the strawberries and pineapple chunks, sprinkling confectioner's sugar between each layer and on top.
- To add a finishing touch to this salad, top each bowl with fresh grated coconut, as much as you wish to your liking.