Fruit filled cantaloupe melons are hollowed out and filled with oranges, apples, peaches, blue berries and strawberries and topped with a honey yogurt dressing.
Did your garden overproduce this year? Try this easy cantaloupe recipe and use up the cantaloupe and melons you planted. Feel good about not letting your produce go to waste with this quick and easy fruit recipe.
Enjoy the best of your garden with fresh cantaloupe or muskmelons and other summer favorite fruits such as blue berries, strawberries, peaches and apples all topped with a light smooth yogurt sauce.
You also get the added bonus that this brunch recipe is quick and easy to make and is a healthy food choice for you. What a great way to start the day with ripe fresh fruit salad topped with a smooth yogurt dressing!
Fruit Filled Cantaloupe
- 2 large cantaloupe melons cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 orange peeled and sectioned
- 1 apple cubed
- 1 peach peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup cut fresh strawberries
- 1 6 ounce carton creamy French vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- With a melon baller (or small teaspoon), scoop out 2-3 cups of cantaloupe balls and set aside. Leave enough cantaloupe in the shell to be scooped out and eaten as part of the fruit.
- In a large bowl, combine orange, apple, and peach and sprinkle with lemon juice. Toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in your cantaloupe balls, blueberries, and cut strawberries.
- Divide fruit evenly into 4 portions and fill the cantaloupe slightly over the top. If you have leftover fruit, just refrigerate and have it for a snack or another meal.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey and cinnamon.
- Top your fruit filled cantaloupe with the yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
- Serve fresh and cold for breakfast or brunch with muffins or a delicious quick bread.