This delicious melon and grape fruit salad is made from fresh summer fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and red and green grapes. Serve this colorful fruit salad for breakfast or brunch.
Satisfy your taste for seasonal fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe and grapes and enjoy this delicious melon and grape salad for a family gathering or picnic. You will also brighten your breakfast or brunch table with this colorful salad. Just a touch of lemon, lime, and orange will certainly wake up your taste buds in the morning.
Since this fruit recipe can make enough for a crowd, it is the perfect fruit salad to take along for a family summer picnic or holiday gathering such as the 4th of July or an annual family camp out. Try this refreshing salad and find a wonderful way to celebrate what summer fruits have to offer.
You may easily double this melon and grape salad recipe for a large family gathering. You can also experiment with the different types of fruit, depending what is in season. Make sure to keep the fruit salad over ice if you will be taking it to a picnic. It tastes best when slightly chilled.
Melon and Grape Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 small watermelon, cut into 1" cubes or balls
- 1 honeydew melon, cut into 1" cubes or balls
- 1 cantaloupe melon, cut into 1" cubes or balls
- 1 pound seedless green grapes, washed and stems removed
- 1 pound seedless red grapes, washed and stems removed
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Cut watermelon, Honey Dew melon and cantaloupe melon into small cubes or use a melon baller and form balls. Place in a large mixing bowl and stir gently.
- Wash and remove the stems of the grapes. Add red and green seedless grapes. Stir all together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the sugar and juices in a small mixing bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the fruit and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with a slotted spoon as there will be extra fruit juice in the bottom.