Crab Quiche with Swiss Cheese and Green Onion
A delicious crustless crab quiche recipe made with real crab meat or imitation crab meat. Swiss cheese, egg, and green onion add flavor to this quiche.
Succulent sweet crab meat makes this a special seafood quiche that your family will love.
It is a very simple recipe to make when you are in a hurry, as there is only 20 minutes prep time. Swiss cheese, egg, and green onion add a nice flavor to this quiche recipe. Serve for a late morning breakfast or brunch.
If you are lucky enough to have real crab meat available, you can use the same proportions as listed in the recipe. When you use canned crab meat the key to getting rid of the fishy taste is to rinse and drain it well before adding it to the recipe.
Green onion has a mild flavor and complements the delicate crab meat rather than overpowering it as some other onions can do.
This quiche can be made ahead the day before and then reheated in the oven for an easy morning meal.
Serve with side of crisp bacon or other breakfast meat and then add in a fruit choice like cinnamon apples or poached pears.
This also makes an easy and filling weeknight dinner.
Handmade and Vintage Quiche Dishes
Hey! Have you been looking for a handmade or vintage quiche dish or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these vintage quiche dishes on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Crab Quiche With Swiss Cheese and Green Onion
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 1-7½ ounce can well-drained, flaked crab meat or 8-10 ounces imitation crab meat, well-drained and flaked into small pieces
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 10" to 12" glass quiche dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, flour, beaten eggs, and milk.
- To the above mixture, add the sliced green onions, crab meat and Swiss cheese.
- Pour the entire mixture into your prepared quiche pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center is set and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
More Quiche Recipes