This bacon cheddar quiche recipe has a wonderful savory combination of crisp fried bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and mellow onion. This is a simple and easy quiche that bakes easily and turns out light and fluffy.
This recipe only takes about 45 minutes prep time, including frying the bacon, so you can make this quiche for breakfast or brunch this weekend. Make sure you plan ahead so you have all the ingredients on hand.
If sharp cheddar cheese is too strong for you, consider mild cheddar instead. You can also use a stronger onion if you prefer more onion flavor.
Low sodium bacon or turkey bacon can be used as well as a replacement for traditional bacon if you have a specific dietary need. You can also make this hearty quiche recipe for dinner or supper.
Here is a photo showing a single slice of bacon cheddar quiche.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Bacon Cheddar Quiche Recipe
Bacon Cheddar Quiche
- 6-7 slices bacon about 8 ounces or 1/2 pound, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion about 1/2 of a medium size onion
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Jiffy Baking Mix or Bisquick Baking mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2- teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry your bacon in a frying pan on medium-to medium-high heat until the bacon is crisp and easy to crumble. Drain on paper towel and cool until you are able to handle the bacon. Using a kitchen shears, snip the pieces of bacon into small bits. Place in a dish and set aside.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the milk, biscuit mix, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Grease a 9 to 10-inch pie plate or glass quiche baking dish with a light coating of vegetable cooking spray.
- To assemble, layer half of the crumbled bacon, onion and cheddar cheese evenly over the bottom of the dish. Repeat with the remaining half of bacon, onion and cheese.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture evenly over the bacon, cheese and onion. Make sure the liquid only comes to within 1/4" of the top edge of the baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for about 60 minutes.
- To test for doneness: Insert a knife into the center of the quiche. The center should be firm with no liquid coming out. The outside edges and crust should be golden brown.
- Let cool and set for 5 minutes and it will be ready to eat. Cut into 6 pieces.