This quick and easy spinach mushroom onion quiche has fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, onion, Swiss cheese, and eggs for a great flavor combination that is wonderful for breakfast or as part of a spring or summer brunch menu.
This is a crustless quiche that uses baking mix in with the egg mixture to hold everything together.
By using fresh spinach, this quiche recipe tastes fresh and is also an easy way to get a few more leafy greens into your diet.
Just a touch of hot red pepper gives this quiche a little extra flavor without being too spicy and makes a delicious brunch or breakfast recipe.
Handmade and Vintage Quiche Dishes
Hey! Have you been looking for a handmade or vintage quiche dish or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these vintage quiche dishes on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Breakfast and Brunch Serving Ideas
Serve this quiche recipe with bacon, pork sausage, toast, jam, and jelly. Also, try this recipe for popovers instead of regular bread or toast. A fresh fruit compote or melon and grape salad makes a nice side dish as well.
Spinach Mushroom Onion Quiche Recipe
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese (2 cups shredded)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped fine
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup baking mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12" quiche pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tear fresh spinach into small pieces. Layer fresh spinach, Swiss cheese, fresh mushrooms, and onion in bottom of quiche pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, baking mix, salt, pepper, crushed basil and hot red pepper.
- Pour over vegetables and cheese.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and the center is set.
More Quiche Recipes