A crustless crab quiche recipe made with flaked crab meat, eggs, Swiss cheese, green onion, and evaporated milk. Serve this delicious quiche for breakfast or brunch on Christmas day or any special occasion.
The humble quiche has developed a reputation for itself as being something that only one gender eats or something only meant for those above a certain income structure . Think back to the 1980’s and the entire “Real Men Don’t eat Quiche” thing. In reality, quiche is a basic and humble dish. We just call it egg pie, as that is what it is at its core.
I used canned crab meat in this recipe, as we have little fresh crab meat available in our area. What is available is expensive. If you happen to have fresh crab meat available, I would recommend using that instead of the canned product. Using canned crab meat is convenient and can keep your costs down when making this dish.
Swiss cheese in the recipe gives it a nice mellow flavor that complements but still allows the flavor of the crab meat to come through. Also, the addition of pimento and green onion gives this egg recipe a quick splash of color and flavor.
Because it has no crust, it makes a nice choice for those on a low-carbohydrate diet. Eggs and evaporated milk form its own crust.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
The colors from the parsley, pimento, and green onion make a slice of this look pretty and appetizing on your plate or brunch buffet.
This turned out well when I made it. I do hope you give it a try and let me know what you think! Post a reply in the comment section below.
Crustless Crab Quiche Recipe
Crustless Crab Quiche With Swiss And Green Onion
- 2- 6 ounce cans flaked crab meat drained well
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley (or 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley)
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- 1-12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 ounces pimento drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12" quiche pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread the drained flaked crab meat, green onion, and parsley over the bottom of the quiche pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the Swiss cheese over the ingredients already in the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk slightly. Add the evaporated milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the crab meat in the pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining shredded Swiss cheese. Sprinkle the pimento over the top evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until it is lightly brown around the outside edge. Insert a knife in the center to make sure the center has set and no longer runny.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.