This colorful bell pepper quiche recipe has a combination of yellow, red, and green bell pepper, Swiss cheese, and crisp bacon. This crustless quiche has a great flavor and adds a lot of color to your breakfast or brunch table.
Serve this quick and easy crustless quiche for a special breakfast recipe or brunch menu. The biscuit mix and egg mixture forms its own crust so you do not need to mess around with a pastry crust.
Add in some Swiss cheese and a bunch of crisply fried bacon for a quiche that will look great on the breakfast table and taste good too. This recipe also includes a bit of cayenne pepper in the recipe for added kick.
You can also use Colby or cheddar cheese instead of the Swiss cheese for a slightly different flavor combination.
This crustless quiche recipe goes together quickly with about 45 minutes prep time.
Handmade and Vintage Quiche Dishes
Hey! Have you been looking for a handmade or vintage quiche dish or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these vintage quiche dishes on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Want to Save Money on Groceries?
Free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime
You will notice as you browse that I have linked to various ingredients and products. If you buy a lot of cooking ingredients like I do, you will love the convenience of Amazon Prime. You get unlimited free two-day shipping on all your orders. You also can instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes, and borrow Kindle books from their vast lending library. I love Amazon Prime and heartily recommend it. Even if you only order a few times per year it is worth it for all of the extras you gain access to with your Prime account. Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial.
A single slice of bell pepper quiche with all of its wonderful colors.
Colorful Bell Pepper Quiche Recipe
- 6-8 slices of bacon (1/2 standard size package-about ½ pound) thawed and crisply fried and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese. (You can also substitute Colby Jack or cheddar cheese)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (about ½ of a pepper)
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper (about ½ of a pepper)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (about ½ of a pepper)
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup Jiffy Baking Mix or Bisquick Baking Mix
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 pinches of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry bacon in a frying pan on medium-to medium-high heat until the bacon is very crisp and easy enough to crumble. Drain on paper towel and cool until you are able to handle the bacon. Using a scissor or kitchen shears, snip the bacon into small pieces.
- Grate the cheese and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the red, yellow and green bell peppers and set aside on plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a whisk to combine the milk, biscuit mix, eggs, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Grease a 9 or 10-inch glass pie plate or quiche baking dish with cooking spray or butter. Layer half of the crumbled bacon, red, yellow, and green bell pepper and the cheese evenly over the bottom of the dish. Repeat with the remaining half of bacon, peppers, and cheese.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture evenly over the bacon, cheese and peppers. Make sure the liquid only comes to within ¼" of the top edge of the baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes. The outside should have a lovely golden brown color and it may be slightly pulling away from the edge of the baking dish.
- To test if done: Insert a knife into the center of the quiche. The center should be firm and no liquid should come out.
- Let cool and set for 5-10 minutes. Cut into 6 slices and serve.
More Quiche Recipes