A light and delicate crab quiche recipe made with fresh spinach, mushrooms, crab meat and Swiss cheese. One of the nice things about this dish is that it forms its own crust because you use baking mix in with the egg mixture. Flaked crab meat gives a light delicate flavor that blends well with the Swiss cheese.
This is a nice crustless quiche to serve for brunch or a late breakfast. It is also hearty enough for an evening dinner.
This recipe is one of my own creations. I had a bag of spinach leaves and fresh mushrooms around and thought they would be a nice addition to the standard crab quiche. I was pleasantly surprised how well all of the flavors came together. The fresh spinach adds color to this crab dish and additional nutritional value.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Using a shallot in place of a standard onion gives this dish just enough flavor without being too overpowering.
Crustless Crab Quiche Recipe With Spinach, Mushrooms, And Swiss Cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1-8 ounce package fresh mushrooms
- 2-6 ounce cans flaked crab meat
- 1 large shallot (about ½ cup)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup biscuit baking mix (Jiffy or Bisquick)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9-1/2" glass quiche dishor pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tear the fresh spinach into small pieces and line the bottom of the baking dish with all of the spinach.(Save back 5-6 whole leaves for the top of the quiche.)
- Slice the mushrooms into thin slices. (Save out a handful for the top of the quiche). Place a tightly packed single layer of mushrooms over the bed of spinach.
- Dice the shallot very fine and sprinkle over the mushrooms.
- Drain the two cans of crab meat very well and layer evenly over the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the shredded Swiss cheese over the crab meat.
- Finish the top as a garnish with the remaining mushroom slices and whole spinach leaves.
- In a medium to large sized mixing bowl, break four eggs and whisk slightly. Add in the heavy cream and whisk again. Add the milk, baking mix, salt, and pepper and whisk until blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish evenly.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, until the pie is golden brown around the edges and the eggs are set in the center.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
More Quiche Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List