A Roast beef hash quiche recipe made with eggs, milk, canned roast beef hash, Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese and green onion. Serve this breakfast casserole for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
This is one of our family’s favorite recipes for quiche and turns out well each time we make it. It is difficult to remember when we initially found the recipe, but I know my mom discovered it back in the early 1980’s. She has been making and perfecting the recipe for years.
It is hearty enough to satisfy the biggest appetites and yet this quiche still works as a sophisticated breakfast or brunch dish to serve to guests. I think this actually qualifies as a breakfast casserole, but we have always called it a quiche. So, you can call it what you want, but it is a tasty dish and a meal in itself.
Serve it with toast and juice for an easy brunch, or serve it with fried potatoes for dinner.
Also, note that this dish calls for Roast Beef Hash. You can substitute Corned Beef Hash if you wish, but I prefer the beefier flavor of the roast beef. That is just a personal preference.
If you are going to serve this casserole for a brunch buffet, cut the pieces smaller, as this is a filling recipe. Also, this will cut better if it has had a chance to cool down 5-10 minutes.
The celery adds flavor and body but if you are not crazy about celery, you can leave it out and add some more chopped green onion instead.
Personalized and Vintage Casserole Dishes
Hey! Have you been looking for a new casserole dish or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these personalized casserole dishes and vintage casserole dishes on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts and handmade items. Check it out.
Roast Beef Hash Quiche
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Mary Kitchen brand Roast Beef Hash*
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup chopped celery
- ¼ Cup sliced green onion or chives
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 Cups milk
- 1 Cup prepared biscuit baking mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the 2 cans of roast beef hash and 1 egg in a large mixing bowl. Pat into the bottom of a greased 9" x 13" inch glass baking dish.
- Layer the next 4 ingredients on top of the hash crust (the Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped celery, and green onion.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and biscuit mix well with a whisk until it is smooth with no lumps. Pour evenly over the other ingredients in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more chopped green onion or dill weed, parsley, or anything you have that will give a color to the top crust when baked.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until the center is firm and it is golden brown around the edges. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
* You can substitute equal amounts of Sausage Hash or Corned Beef Hash in this recipe depending on your personal tastes.
More Breakfast Casserole Recipes