A make-ahead ham egg breakfast casserole recipe made with ham, egg, bread, cheddar cheese, milk, and crushed cornflakes. Serve this egg casserole for breakfast or brunch.
This casserole takes only about 15 minutes to prepare the night before because all of the ingredients already cooked, cured, or prepared. Just take it out of the refrigerator and bake in the morning for a relaxing breakfast or brunch.
The crushed cornflakes on top give it a nice amount of crunch and also added flavor. Thankfully the recipe calls for a lot of crushed cornflakes mixed with melted butter, because this is what makes the recipe so good. If there are any leftover crumbs in the baking dish after breakfast, let the grazing begin!
I made this breakfast casserole with 3-day old Italian bread and it turned out to be a hit with my family. I would recommend day old bread for any breakfast casserole. If the bread is too fresh, the casserole seems to turn mushy.
It is made with items you normally have in your kitchen so that makes this casserole easy to put together when you have those unexpected guests staying over or are having guests for breakfast or brunch in the morning.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
“It was great and easy to make. Thanks” – Mary WB via FB
“This is sooo amazing…. that we call it, “The Breakfast Dream…” thank.. u!” – Kolleen D. via FB
“After the first time i made this recipe I knew to make two for the next time my guest couldn’t get enough! thx fast easy and delicious :>)” – Vincent S. via FB
Ham Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Ham Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 12 Slices bread crust removed
- 8 Ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese (cubed to 1/2" or shredded)
- 2 Cups cooked ham (cubed to 1/2")
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Cups milk
- 3 Cups crushed corn flakes about 6 cups cereal
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (If baking immediately.)
- Butter a 9" x 13" glass baking dish and place 6 of the slices of bread with the crusts removed into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with the cubed cheese and ham.
- Put the remaining 6 slices of bread on the top.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard, salt, and milk.
- Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to stand until room temperature.
- Melt butter and stir in to the crushed cornflakes. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the bread.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
More Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole with Ground Beef
Wisconsin Breakfast Casserole With Ham Mushrooms and Cheese
Overnight Breakfast Casserole With Hash Browns Bacon and Ham
Easy Breakfast Casserole With Ham And Cheese
Hearty Breakfast Casserole With Sausage, Cheese, And Hash Browns
Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole with Bacon and Swiss Cheese
Italian Sausage Brunch Casserole with Rice Krispies
Triple Cheese Potato Casserole