An easy fried Chicken Parmesan recipe made with fresh chicken, Italian bread crumbs, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and served over a bed of spaghetti. Serve for an easy family weekend dinner.
This is one of those recipes where you don’t know what you have missed for years until you make this at home. In our family, Chicken Parmesan went from some type of obscure chicken dish to a recipe we make at least once per month.
If you love chicken and spaghetti, you won’t go wrong trying this recipe for dinner this weekend!
Notes: You can use a traditional spaghetti sauce for this recipe, but I personally prefer using Marinara sauce. I find spaghetti sauce has too much seasoning which detracts from the flavor of the dish. Look for a good quality Marinara sauce. Buy the best quality chicken you can find, as there are differences in taste and quality. This is one dish you will be happy you spent a bit extra on quality chicken.
You might also like: Make at Home Southern Fried Chicken
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Easy Fried Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1 12-16 ounce package spaghetti noodles
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 2-3 Tablespoons butter
- 1-24 ounce jar Marinara sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin by preparing the spaghetti as directed on package. Once cooked, place in a glass serving dish and add 1-2 Tablespoons of butter to the noodles and toss to coat. This keeps the spaghetti from sticking together while you prepare the chicken.
- To prepare the chicken, pound each chicken breast to flatten to a uniform thickness.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise so you have 6 equal portions of chicken.
- Dip chicken in egg and then in bread crumbs.
- Fry the chicken in 1-2 Tablespoons butter in a medium hot non-stick skillet, turning and browning for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add more butter to the pan as needed to keep the chicken from sticking.
- When done, remove the chicken from skillet and set aside on a separate plate.
- Reduce heat and add in the Marinara sauce to the pan residue. Heat thoroughly.
- Add the chicken back in to the Marinara sauce.
- Place slices of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the frying pan lid on just until the cheese melts.
- To serve: Warm up spaghetti in microwave if necessary. Place a serving of spaghetti on a dinner plate, add a spoonful of Marinara sauce, and place the chicken on top.
- Serve additional Parmesan cheese at the table so guests can add extra to their personal taste.
Family Friendly Dinner Ideas
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
How To Make The Best Grilled Chicken
Homemade Chili Recipe With Kidney Beans
Grilled Beef And Veggie Kabobs
Corn Cheese Spaghetti Casserole
Brown Sugar Ham Glaze With Spices
Easy Mini Slider Cheeseburgers
Cheddar Cheese Meatloaf Recipe
Six Layer Grilled Chicken Burritos
Ground Beef Shepherds Pie Recipe