Try these six layer grilled chicken burritos for a fun family dinner. Made with grilled chicken, flour tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, Spanish rice, and cheese, these burritos will be a favorite.
If you are always on the search for new family dinner recipe ideas like we are it can be tough to find something that tastes great and pleases everyone. I thought this recipe turned out so well we immediately added it into the recipe rotation.
In fact, the first time I made them they disappeared so quick that I didn’t have a chance to photograph them! We made these burritos about a week later and I finally got my photographs for posting on my website.
I love grilled chicken and if you own a grill this is a great way to serve chicken. If you don’t own a grill there are other ready-made options in the prepared frozen food section.
Six Layer Grilled Chicken Burritos Recipe
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Six Layer Grilled Chicken Burritos
- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds grilled chicken breast
- 1-6.8 ounce box Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice
- 8 ounces Sabra Guacamole
- 2-3 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 10 count package extra large La Banderita flour tortilla shells
- 16 ounce container Daisy Sour Cream
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese
- Grill chicken on a gas or charcoal grill or purchase frozen grilled chicken.
- If grilled, slice chicken crosswise into thin strips and set aside.
- Prepare Rice-a-Roni exactly as directed on package.
- Dice tomatoes and place in separate bowl.
- Shred cheese and place in a separate bowl.
- To Assemble:
- Warm a flour tortilla 20 seconds in the microwave. Spread a thin layer of guacamole down the center of the burrito. Add rice, chicken, tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Fold and enjoy!