This Cherry coffee cake recipe is made with sweet cherry pie filling, sugar, egg whites, butter, and milk and finished with a crumb topping. Serve for brunch, breakfast, or dessert.
Try this delicious cherry coffee cake recipe for breakfast or brunch this weekend and enjoy the compliments!
Whipped egg whites give the coffee cake volume and keeps the cake light and fluffy. This recipe is quick and easy because you use canned cherry pie filling. You can also use any other fruit flavor of pie filling for this recipe such as blueberry or apple.
Serve the cake warm with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream for a fun dessert.
This cherry coffee cake recipe is from my Grandmother’s recipe box collection.
Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Cherry Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg whites beaten stiff
- 1-21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" square or 7" x 11" pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Soften butter and cut in to flour mixture until crumbly. A pastry cutter works well for this. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for topping.
- Separate the eggs into two different small bowls.
- Combine the 2 egg yolks, beaten and milk. Add to remaining crumb mixture and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Beat the 2 egg whites until stiff. Carefully and slowly fold into batter mixture.
- Spread mixture into a greased baking pan or dish.
- Over this mixture, evenly spread the cherry pie filling.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of crumbs.
- Bake 45-55 minutes until lightly golden brown and set in the center. Let cool slightly.
- Top this coffeecake with sweetened whipped cream if desired, and serve warm.