This sweet peach coffee cake recipe is made with peach pie filling, cinnamon, brown sugar, and finely chopped pecans. The subtle nutty flavor of the pecan Streusel topping complements the sweet chunks of peaches.
The coffeecake recipe has a finer crumb and is a nice treat for breakfast, brunch, or an afternoon snack. It also works well for an easy weekend dessert. Rich, sweet and delicious, you will be proud to serve this delicious peach recipe to your family and friends. You may find yourself wanting a second piece of this coffee cake. It is hard to stop at just one piece!
When I was photographing this my husband and I each took a taste. Both of us said “Oh, yes this one is good!”
How To Make This Peach Coffee Cake
Peach Coffee Cake with Pecan Streusel Topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1- 21 ounce can peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9" x 9" pan. You may also use a 7" x 11" pan.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add milk, egg whites, butter and vanilla. Beat using a whisk for 2-3 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the Streusel topping mixture on top of the batter.
- Carefully spoon the peach pie filling over the top of the batter, distributing evenly to cover the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining Streusel topping mixture on top of the peach pie filling.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.