Homemade Marshmallow Topping
A homemade marshmallow topping for your favorite flavor ice cream, sundae, or dessert. It is made with marshmallows, sugar, and egg white.
Try this on top of homemade chocolate ice cream or sandwiched between two graham crackers for an incredible dessert indulgence.
Want to make the ultimate banana split? Make your own marshmallow sauce and give it the taste of being truly homemade. Use marshmallow topping to make your own homemade smores, top desserts, or swirl it into a batch of homemade chocolate ice cream. Enjoy it with a fluffernutter sandwich or mix it with chocolate sauce and peanut butter for an original topping idea.
If you are not a fan of marshmallow creme from a jar, try this easy recipe instead. It is so much better when you make your own. You just might change your mind on marshmallow.
Scroll down for more dessert topping recipes like this homemade marshmallow topping (links below).
Ice cream tastes better in these vintage ice cream dishes from eBay.
Homemade Marshmallow Topping Recipe
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 24 fresh marshmallows (finely cut up)
- 1 large egg white (unbeaten)
- In a medium saucepan, cook the sugar and water together just until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir in the finely cut marshmallows until melted.
- Place the unbeaten egg white into an mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour the marshmallow mixture into the egg white, beating with an electric mixer or rotary beater until the mixture thickens.