Here is a delicious and easy vanilla sauce recipe to make at home. It is extra smooth and creamy because of the evaporated milk in the recipe. Serve over ice cream and desserts like this cinnamon sugar coffee cake.
There is something about the aroma of vanilla that will draw your family and friends away from the television and other electronic devices. Make this easy dessert topping for your favorite cake or pie and watch it disappear quickly.
This dessert sauce is wonderful drizzled over homemade bread pudding, instant or cooked pudding, crepes, eclairs, poached pears, pound cake, pie or just about any other dessert.
It also makes a great ice cream sundae topping for those of you who are crazy about vanilla!
You could also just eat it plain! I won’t tell anyone. 🙂
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Note: This recipe calls for Carnation Evaporated Milk, NOT Sweetened Condensed Milk. They are very different products. Just make sure to purchase the right one!
Extra Smooth Easy Vanilla Sauce Recipe With Evaporated Milk
Easy Vanilla Sauce with Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can 12 fl. oz. Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in your evaporated milk.
- Using medium heat, cook and stir constantly, just until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in your vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate for about two hours or until well-chilled.
- Serve on your favorite pound cake, bread pudding or crepes recipe.