A maple ice cream recipe for those of you who are crazy about maple. This homemade ice cream recipe uses real maple syrup, eggs, and cream for a rich tasting dessert.
Serve alone as an afternoon treat or put a scoop on top of these dessert waffles and drizzle with extra maple syrup. Also try it scooped on top of a fruit pastry tart, cheesecake, or pumpkin pie.
This recipe is for a 6-quart ice cream freezer, so it makes a pretty large batch of ice cream.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Homemade Maple Ice Cream Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 quarts half and half
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 pint whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Using a wire whisk and a stainless steel bowl, beat the eggs and granulated sugar until light and lemon colored. Set aside.
- In a medium large saucepan whisk together the half and half and maple syrup. Bring to a scald over medium high heat. A scald is just to the point when the milk is bubbling and starting to skin over, but not boiling. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Temper the egg mixture by adding small amounts of the hot milk slowly to the eggs and whisk constantly in between until all are combined. Do not allow the mixture to curdle. If that happens you will need to strain the mixture before continuing.
- Place the egg mixture bowl over a pan of simmering water and continue to whisk constantly until the it is creamy and custard like and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, and whipping cream, and maple extract. Refrigerate until completely cold, about 2-3 hours.
- Churn in a 6-Quart Electric Ice Cream Freezer according to manufacturers directions. Add chopped nuts during the last 5 minutes of mixing. Freeze until solid.
- Can be made up to a week in advance.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List