A recipe for chocolate mocha ice cream with a hint of almond flavor. Serve this homemade ice cream as a dinner party dessert or treat for the adults.
Homemade old-fashioned ice cream, what could be better? I remember being much younger and my mom making vanilla ice cream using rock salt, ice and an electric ice cream maker. It would come out of the ice cream maker soft and soupy. I don’t remember the ice cream ever actually making it to the freezer, as my brother and I would eat it as soon as it was ready.
Being older now, I still enjoy vanilla as much as the next person, but love many new flavors such as this chocolate mocha ice cream recipe. I hope you will as well.
***This recipe is for a 1-1/2 quart ice cream maker container. Do not double this recipe, as the mixture will expand while it is being stirred in the ice cream maker.
This is a very smooth and silky chocolate ice cream recipe that would be perfect with another dose of chocolate sauce drizzled on top and sprinkled with sliced almonds. Happy eating!
Homemade Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 5/8 Cup granulated sugar
- 8 Ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons Coffee concentrate syrup can instead use cold coffee or instant espresso
- Heat the whole milk until it is just bubbling around the edges (this can be done on the stove top or in the microwave). In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse to process the sugar with the chocolate until the chocolate is very finely chopped. Add the hot milk; process until well blended and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and let the chocolate mixture cool completely. Stir in the heavy cream, vanilla, almond extract and coffee. Cover, refrigerate, and chill for 2 hours longer.
- Following the directions on your ice cream maker, pour the mixture into the container and let mix until thick, about 20-25 minutes. Can be enjoyed immediately or if you want a firmer ice cream, transfer into an airtight freezer container and place in the freezer at least 2 hours.