An easy French toast recipe for your next breakfast or brunch menu. Make the French toast the night before and fry in a skillet the next morning. Serve with maple, blueberry, or apple cinnamon syrup.
This is an easy breakfast recipe that you prepare in a dish the night before and let sit overnight so the flavors can be fully incorporated into the bread.
When you fry this French toast in a griddle or frying pan, the warm scent of vanilla will fill your kitchen.
Have a relaxing breakfast or brunch with this quick and easy recipe.
Easy French Toast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 slices bread (around ½" thick) (Texas toast works well)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the eggs, milk, water, salt, sugar, and vanilla until smooth with a whisk.
- Lay all the slices of bread in a flat glass baking dish.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the slices of bread, turn to coat each slice of bread evenly.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to make this breakfast recipe, melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter in a 10"-12" skillet.
- Place 2-3 slices of soaked bread in the skillet, depending on how many you can fit in at a time. Saute until lightly golden brown on the first side and then turn on other side and fry until light brown.
- Add more butter if needed for additional pieces of bread.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with butter and maple syrup.
More French Toast Recipes