This French toast casserole recipe is made with eggs, bread, vanilla sauce, and cream cheese. It is baked in the oven and then drizzled with more vanilla sauce.
Serve for a quick and easy breakfast or brunch with a fresh fruit salad.
This is an easy way to prepare French toast because you make it right away or ahead the night before and bake it in the morning.
The warm aroma of vanilla will fill your home when you bake this delicious brunch recipe.
Notes on Vanilla Sauce:
You would think vanilla sauce would be easy to find, but I have only found a few brands that are exactly what I wanted. There are plenty of vanilla syrups out there, but vanilla sauce would be similar in consistency and thickness to a caramel or chocolate sauce.
Here are a few vanilla sauces I found on Amazon.com. Any of these would work great in this recipe:
Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe
- 15 slices good French bread, cut into ½ inch cubes (about 1 loaf of bread)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ jar vanilla sauce (about 6 ounces)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- powdered sugar to sift on top
- Place the bread cubes in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish that has been coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, slowly beat the cream cheese with the vanilla sauce.
- Add eggs, one at a time and then add the milk.
- Pour this mixture over the bread cubes, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let casserole sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Garnish with sifted powdered sugar.
- Slice into individual servings and top with additional vanilla sauce.
More French Toast Recipes