Try this easy French toast recipe for breakfast or brunch. It is made with Texas toast and eggs that are fried in a pan and topped with maple syrup, whipped cream, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
French toast can be served with just maple syrup or dressed up with a raspberry sauce, blueberry syrup, apple cinnamon syrup, or jams and jellies.
Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar for a nice presentation.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
You may also try other types of breads such as French or Italian Bread instead of the Texas toast for a nice change of pace and a slightly different flavor in this easy french toast recipe.
Serve hot and serve with butter, maple syrup, a spoon of whipped cream and a dusting of confectioners sugar.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Easy French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 loaf of Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ cup milk
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and beaters for your electric mixer for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Beat 1 cup of whipping cream and ¼ cup confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve the French toast.
- In a medium mixing bowl, break four eggs and whisk together. Add milk and cinnamon and whisk into the eggs.
- Preheat frying pan or griddle to a medium heat.
- Dip a piece of Texas toast into the egg mixtue with a fork and coat both sides of the bread evenly.
- Place in heated pan or griddle. Repeat with as many pieces of bread will fit into the pan at once.
- Fry until golden brown.