A delicious homemade peanut butter ice cream recipe made with real creamy peanut butter, sugar, milk, and heavy cream.
What’s better than homemade ice cream made with real creamy peanut butter? If you are a peanut butter lover, sometimes you don’t need much more. 🙂
The ingredients listed are made for for a 1.5 quart electric ice cream maker, but you can also use your freezer and you will have similar results.
This is a special dessert recipe for children and any adult who cannot get enough peanut butter.
My son asked me to make this recipe again, even though he hasn’t finished eating the first batch! He also notes that a sprinkle of salt on top of the ice cream tastes great because you get a sweet and salty combination.
Note: This recipe is for a 1.5 quart electric ice cream maker.
I just made your peanut butter ice cream recipe, and I have to say, it was
amazing!! I added some chocolate chips and bananas. My fiance was quite
impressed. 😀 Thanks for the great recipe!! – Ashlee
Made the peanut butter ice cream and it was great. Trying to get a chocolate ice cream recipe using Nestles baking cocoa. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated(yes I already got a no-luck response from Nestle). Thanks alot! – Willie Stephenson
Gourmet Ice Cream Toppings
Ice Cream Maker
This ice cream maker is similar to the one I use to make homemade ice cream. Mine is just an older version but the same brand and size.
Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
This recipe is for a 1.5 quart electric ice cream maker.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- The night before place your ice cream maker bowl in the freezer and allow to freeze overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine the creamy peanut butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add the milk and blend on low speed for about 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has been dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla with a mixing spoon or a whisk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When ready, pour the ice cream base into your frozen ice cream maker bowl. This recipe is for a 1.5 quart electric ice cream maker.
- Let mix until thickened, about 15-20 minutes. If you are adding in candies or peanuts, add them in the last 5 minutes of mixing.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy your ice cream topped with dark chocolate or milk chocolate ice cream toppings.
3/4 cup peanut butter pieces candies or ⅔ cup chopped toasted peanuts. For a sweet and salty combination, sprinkle a bit of salt on top of the dish of ice cream.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Ice Cream Recipes Cookbook
Ice Cream Maker Reviews