A smooth and rich triple chocolate ice cream recipe made from three different kinds of chocolate. This triple chocolate ice cream combines the best of three different kinds of chocolates; bittersweet, semi-sweet and white chocolate chips.
The result is a beautiful ice cream dessert that has a great middle of the road chocolate flavor and is not too dark nor too light.
Make this quick, delicious, and easy triple chocolate ice cream recipe in just a few hours!
Your friends and family will enjoy and love the smooth, rich taste of your homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert, with only you knowing how easy it was to create.
If you like chocolate, this ice cream recipe will make your taste buds very happy. What a great way to get your chocolate fix!
You will be asked to make this dessert recipe again and again.
You might also like this Homemade Malted Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe with Chocolate Cookie Chunks.
Gourmet Ice Cream Toppings
Ice Cream Maker
This ice cream maker is similar to the one I use to make homemade ice cream. Mine is just an older version but the same brand and size.
Homemade Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- ½ cup Milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup White chocolate chips
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Begin by heating the milk in a small saucepan just until bubbles start to form around the edges. Do not let the milk get too hot or it will scald.
- In your blender or food processor with a metal blade, combine the three types of chocolate chips and the granulated sugar and process until the mixture is very well chopped. Pour the hot milk into the blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a medium sized bowl and let the mixture cool completely. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and put the entire mixture into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Get out your ice cream maker and prepare it as necessary so it is ready to use. Pour your chocolate mixture into the ice cream maker freezer and let it thicken for about 20-25 minutes.
- You can eat it at this point or transfer to a freezer container and freeze for about 2 hours or until firm.