This malted vanilla ice cream recipe is made with malt powder, milk, heavy cream, and chocolate cookie chunks. Homemade ice cream makes a wonderful dessert.
This has to be one of the most requested homemade ice cream recipes in our house. The heady aroma of malt powder makes it hard to wait until the ice cream has frozen completely. Combine that with a whole bunch of chocolate sandwich cookies, and you have a winner for dessert.
Although this is not a chocolate ice cream, it does turn out chocolatey because of the cookies. Instead it has more of a vanilla ice cream flavor, but the color will change and look a little more chocolatey. I used Oreo cookies when I made this, but you can use other brands of chocolate creme sandwich cookies too.
This is a great dessert for pleasing children and adults alike. You may want to make two batches of ice cream right away, because the first one won’t last very long.
Smooth homemade vanilla ice cream with malt flavoring and crushed chocolate sandwich cookie chunks make this better than any ice cream concoction you can buy.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
You’ll get high ratings from your friends and family with this recipe. It will become an ice cream recipe you make over and over again.
I made this in a 1-1/2 quart electric ice cream maker.
This recipe was originally posted on my www.all-about-dessert-sauces.com website back in 2006 and now has its home on my VintageCooking.com website here.
Malted Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Malted Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe with Chocolate Cookie Chunks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 Tablespoons malt powder you may use more or less to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed chocolate creme sandwich cookies about 12-14 cookies*
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- 1-1/2 quart electric ice cream maker
- Mix the granulated sugar and malt powder in a medium bowl with a whisk or hand mixer to make sure there are no lumps in the malt powder.
- Stir in 1 cup whole milk and whisk until the sugar and malt powder is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- When ready, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker freezer bowl, turn on machine and let mix for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add your crushed chocolate sandwich cookies through the ingredient spout and mix for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an air tight container and freeze for at least 2 hours. Garnish each serving with an extra chocolate sandwich cookie. Enjoy!
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Maple Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Vanilla Toffee Ice Cream
Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream Recipe
French Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
Make Your Next Party An Ice Cream Sundae Party!
2 thoughts on “Homemade Malted Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe with Chocolate Cookie Chunks”
I’m looking for a recipe for ‘Frozen Pudding Ice Cream’. If anyone knows where I can find one, please share.
I have a recipe for chocolate pudding ice cream if you are interested. You could use vanilla pudding in this recipe too.