Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Crab stuffed deviled eggs are hard cooked eggs stuffed with a delicious crab meat mixture and lightly seasoned with chives and parsley.
Serve this deviled egg recipe for breakfast or brunch or an anytime snack. Bring them to a picnic, housewarming party, or for an office pot-luck. You can make them ahead in the morning or even the night before.
Crab stuffed deviled eggs are just as quick and easy to make as regular deviled eggs and are high in protein due to the crab meat and eggs. They make a perfect food for those on a low-carb diet.
NOTE: One of the keys to working with canned crab meat is rinsing and draining it thoroughly with cold water before using it in any recipe. This removes the “fishy” flavor while still retaining the delicate flavor of the crab meat. If you do this step, make sure you use a fine mesh strainer and a large spoon to push out ALL of the excess liquid. Otherwise your egg mixture will turn out runny.
New and Vintage Deviled Egg Trays
Hey! Have you been looking for a new or vintage deviled egg tray or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these vintage deviled egg trays on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts and handmade items. Check it out.
Make Better Hard Cooked Eggs
One of the biggest helps I have found in making any type of deviled egg is using an egg cooker instead of cooking eggs in a kettle. They turn out consistently better when you use an egg cooker. You can take a look at the one I own below. This is one piece of kitchen equipment that is worth the investment and shelf space.
One of the things I like best about using an egg cooker is being able to peel the eggs while they are still warm. Often, when I have made hard cooked eggs I have had to refrigerate them for a few hours before they would peel well. Now I can cook the eggs in my egg cooker and peel them about 15 minutes after they are done. It is a great time saver and I find the shells peel much better. This is what I use at home and love it! You get consistent hard cooked eggs that peel easily.
Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 12 hard cooked eggs
- 1 (7-1/2 ounce) can crab meat, drained and flaked
- 3 Tablespoons finely snipped chives
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- ½ cup to ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Hard cook the eggs per your usual method. Chill them and peel the shells.
- Cut eggs in halves lengthwise and place the yolks in a separate medium sized bowl.
- Rinse and drain the crab meat in a fine mesh strainer. Be sure to use a large spoon to push out any excess moisture from the crab meat. Do this a couple of times. Do not skip this step or your egg mixture will turn out mushy and runny.
- Mash the egg yolks with the well-drained and flaked crab meat, chives, parsley, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Using a small teaspoon, place the crab meat mixture into each of the eggs.
- Sprinkle with additional chives for added color (optional).
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
You can substitute ¼ cup green onions instead of the chives, but you need to chop them very fine and may want to use a bit less. Chives have a mellower onion flavor than green onions and I think they work better with crab meat as they are not as overpowering. It depends on your personal taste.
More Deviled Egg Recipes
More Appetizer Recipes