Crab stuffed deviled eggs are hard cooked eggs stuffed with a delicious crab meat mixture and lightly seasoned with chives and parsley.
Serve this deviled egg recipe for breakfast or brunch or an anytime snack. Bring them to a picnic, housewarming party, or for an office pot-luck. You can make them ahead in the morning or even the night before.
Crab stuffed deviled eggs are just as quick and easy to make as regular deviled eggs and are high in protein due to the crab meat and eggs. They make a perfect food for those on a low-carb diet.
NOTE: One of the keys to working with canned crab meat is rinsing and draining it thoroughly with cold water before using it in any recipe. This removes the “fishy” flavor while still retaining the delicate flavor of the crab meat. If you do this step, make sure you use a fine mesh strainer and a large spoon to push out ALL of the excess liquid. Otherwise your egg mixture will turn out runny.
Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs Recipe
Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard cooked eggs
- 1 7-1/2 ounce can crab meat, drained and flaked
- 3 Tablespoons finely snipped chives
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hard cook the eggs per your usual method. Chill them and peel the shells.
- Cut eggs in halves lengthwise and place the yolks in a separate medium sized bowl.
- Rinse and drain the crab meat in a fine mesh strainer. Be sure to use a large spoon to push out any excess moisture from the crab meat. Do this a couple of times. Do not skip this step or your egg mixture will turn out mushy and runny.
- Mash the egg yolks with the well-drained and flaked crab meat, chives, parsley, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Using a small teaspoon, place the crab meat mixture into each of the eggs.
- Sprinkle with additional chives for added color (optional).
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
More Deviled Egg Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
More Appetizer Recipes