Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
Cheesy stuffed mushrooms are an easy appetizer and great way to start a party. Loaded with mozzarella cheese, they will become a new favorite.
If you have ever had stuffed mushrooms at a party and wondered how to make them at home, try this easy recipe. They mix up in about fifteen minutes and are ready to eat in about five minutes.
To prepare them ahead of time, clean the mushrooms and set them on a plate. Make the filling mixture and cover with plastic wrap. When your guests arrive, dip the mushrooms in butter, add the filling and broil. Serve them hot and enjoy the compliments.
Want to get creative? Serve these on a vintage mushroom serving platter. Click here to find vintage mushroom inspired serving platters on Ebay.
Need more ideas and recipes for mushrooms? Check out this Mushroom Cookbook on eBay.
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1-8 ounce package fresh jumbo mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces butter (1/2 stick), soft and pasty
- ⅓ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- To prepare the mushrooms use a damp paper towel to brush off any dirt or debris.
- Carefully break off the stems of each mushroom. Finely chop the stems as they will be used as part of the filling.
- Make sure your butter is very soft and pasty. Dip the outside caps of each mushroom in butter and place on a metal baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, chopped mushroom stems, and the remaining butter and mix to make a soft pasty filling.
- Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of filling into each mushroom cap.
- Set oven to broil (500 degrees). Place baking sheet on upper rack and broil 3-4 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot for a delicious appetizer.