A homemade blueberry ice cream recipe made with fresh or frozen blueberries, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Prepare in an electric ice cream freezer for an easy summer dessert treat.
Want to use this recipe for an ice cream sundae party? Find out how to plan an ice cream sundae party.
If you are looking for a smooth and creamy ice cream dessert that is easy to make, try this for a change of pace. The children will think the blue-purple color of the ice cream is fun and different.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
It also makes a nice refreshing dessert for adults and adds color to your table. Serve in a white ice cream bowl and garnish with a mint leaf for a simple and elegant statement. Top with fresh blueberries or enjoy it plain in a cone or dish. It is a great way to enjoy the produce of the summer.
Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mash the blueberries and cook with granulated sugar on medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Press berries through a sieve and discard the skins. Cool the berry liquid to room temperature.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the whipping cream just until some body is created. Do not whip until stiff.
- Add salt, lightly whipped cream, evaporated milk, and vanilla to the berries.
- Put the the blueberry liquid in the freezer for two hours to chill.
- Churn in a 4-Quart Electric Ice Cream Freezer according to manufacturers directions. Freeze until almost solid and enjoy.
***If using frozen blueberries, thaw them completely first and then proceed with the instructions.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List