Homemade Blueberry Muffins
A recipe for homemade blueberry muffins made with fresh blueberries and topped with cinnamon sugar. Serve these muffins warm for breakfast, as a brunch food, or pack them as a dessert in a lunch box.
Who doesn’t like moist and tender muffins fresh from the oven first thing in the morning?
They are plump and full of fresh blueberries. Once the muffins are baked, they are brushed with melted butter and the cinnamon sugar is sprinkled on top.
Tip: Rinse the blueberries and lay them out on a paper towel to air dry before adding them to the batter. If they are still damp, blot them gently with a paper towel. Otherwise your batter will end up with a blue tint from the excess moisture of the blueberries and there will be too much liquid in the recipe.
Mmmm…homemade blueberry delights here. A traditional recipe that is just plain good when made with fresh in-season blueberries.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- After Baking:
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Sugar Topping Mixture:
- 3 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, egg, and milk and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin pans or use muffin cups. Fill each about ¾ full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, just until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from pans and brush tops with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve warm.