A recipe for homemade blueberry muffins made with fresh blueberries and topped with cinnamon sugar. Serve these muffins warm for breakfast, as a brunch food, or pack them as a dessert in a lunch box.
Who doesn’t like moist and tender muffins fresh from the oven first thing in the morning?
They are plump and full of fresh blueberries. Once the muffins are baked, they are brushed with melted butter and the cinnamon sugar is sprinkled on top.
Tip: Rinse the blueberries and lay them out on a paper towel to air dry before adding them to the batter. If they are still damp, blot them gently with a paper towel. Otherwise your batter will end up with a blue tint from the excess moisture of the blueberries and there will be too much liquid in the recipe.
Mmmm…homemade blueberry delights here. A traditional recipe that is just plain good when made with fresh in-season blueberries.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
Sugar Topping Mixture:
- 3 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, egg, and milk and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin pans or use muffin cups. Fill each about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, just until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from pans and brush tops with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve warm.
Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Chocolate Cinnamon Applesauce Muffin Recipe
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins With Yogurt For Brunch
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Simple Bran Flake Muffins Recipe