These lemon poppy seed muffins are made with poppy seed, sugar, butter, eggs, plain yogurt, and shredded lemon peel. Yogurt in the batter keeps this quick and easy muffin recipe moist.
A good traditional choice and loved by most everyone. They add a nice variety to a brunch table because they have a bit of texture to them from the poppy seeds.
Quick and easy to make, these wonderfully moist and flavorful muffins are the perfect food for a breakfast or brunch.
This is one of my favorite recipes as I like the tiny crunch of the seeds when you bite into one of them. I know they have a bad reputation due to employment testing, but if you are comfortable with it, they are really good.
Plain yogurt and shredded lemon peel gives these muffins a signature tang.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Muffins will re-heat well in the microwave so you can always serve fresh hot muffins to your family and friends. This recipe makes 18 muffins. You can also freeze a few if the recipe makes too many.
Breakfast and Brunch Serving Ideas:
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 18 muffin cups with cooking spray or line muffin tins with paper baking cups.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, poppy seed, salt, and baking soda. Set the mixture aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed till fully.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and lemon peel.
- Add the flour mixture and yogurt alternately to the beaten mixture, beating just until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups or tins two thirds full.
- Sprinkle the muffins with additional sugar on the top to add a special sparkle.
- Bake in your oven for about 20 minutes or until the muffin is golden brown.