These easy applesauce muffins are made with unsweetened applesauce and flavored with cinnamon and a touch of cloves. They are a nice addition to a fall or Thanksgiving brunch menu.
Well, fall is certainly in the air with the morning temperatures hovering around 50 degrees here in Wisconsin. The cooler weather starts to bring thoughts of getting back in the kitchen and baking. This time of year you can find a lot of roadside stands and small farmers markets with bunches of apples for sale.
I know some of you buy bushels of apples and make your own homemade applesauce. If you do, this is a fun recipe to use your homemade applesauce. Even if you purchase applesauce from the store, you will still get a great tasting muffin.
Applesauce muffins are a bit denser than what you might think of for a standard muffin, but they do turn out moist and flavorful. Because you use unsweetened applesauce, they have a true apple flavor that complements almost any dish. Cinnamon and just a hint of cloves give it that quintessential fall flavor.
It might be difficult to keep these yummy delights from disappearing from the table before you are ready to serve them.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
As an added bonus your kitchen will smell wonderful when they are baking. They go over especially well with children, who seem to love the applesauce flavor.
These are a fall favorite of mine and they are easy to pack in school lunches for the children. Try them for breakfast or brunch with a fruit salad and cheddar baked eggs.
Easy Applesauce Muffins
Easy Applesauce Muffins
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, vegetable oil, and slightly beaten egg. Mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and stir together just until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin cups. If you do not have paper liners, grease the muffin pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 cups. Each will be about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and they spring back to the touch.
Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes
Chocolate Cinnamon Applesauce Muffin Recipe
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins With Yogurt For Brunch
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Simple Bran Flake Muffins Recipe