Bran Flake muffins made with bran flakes, milk, egg, and butter. Serve these muffins with softened cream cheese or a low sugar jam as part of your next breakfast or brunch.
These muffins taste great, are higher in fiber than a traditional muffin, and can be part of a diet to lower your cholesterol levels.
Bran flake muffins are a quick and easy breakfast and brunch staple. They also freeze well.
They also taste wonderful with butter and low sugar apricot jam. Try them with softened cream cheese on top for a nice change of pace.
A fruit spread like apple butter or pear butter gives extra flavor as well. Even the kids will like this muffin recipe.
A traditional healthy bran muffin made with bran flakes cereal that you have eaten these for years.
“The bran flake muffins sound simple and DELICIOUS! Cannot wait to make them. Thanks.” – Dot Wells R. via FB
Simple Bran Flake Muffins
- 2 cups Bran Flakes cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons soft butter
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard size muffin tin(s) with 12 paper baking cups.
- Combine bran flakes and milk in a medium sized mixing bowl and let stand until moistened.
- Add the egg, butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir ingredients together just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups ¾ to level full. Distribute the batter evenly between each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.