These delicious blueberry cream cheese muffins are made with blueberries, cream cheese, eggs, and heavy cream that give the muffins a moist, creamy texture. Enjoy them warm for breakfast or brunch.
Blueberries and cream cheese – what a great combination for a breakfast comfort food! These muffins also have a cinnamon sugar topping that makes them extra special.
I am warning you, it will be difficult to only eat just one of these special blueberry cream cheese muffins. In fact, you may need to make a double recipe, as they will disappear quickly!
Serve these blueberry muffins warm for breakfast or brunch.
They have a suprise cream cheese filling inside that is really good! It will be hard to stop at just one of these rich and creamy delights.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
They reheat well in the microwave too. Just warm them up for a few seconds and enjoy.
This recipe for blueberry cream cheese muffins comes from my mom’s recipe box and is one she made quite frequently while I was growing up. This recipe definitely takes muffins from dry and crumbly to moist and delicious. I encourage you to give it a try for yourself.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream can also use whole milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4- cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup blueberries drained (fresh or frozen)
Sugar Topping Mixture:
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Your oven should be preheated to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with 16-18 cupcake liners or grease and flour the muffins tins and put aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the softened cream cheese along with the vanilla and fresh lemon juice until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Beat in each of the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the heavy cream and butter and stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the five dry ingredients. Sift together.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the cream cheese and carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Ladle the batter equally into the muffin tins, each about 75% full.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are lightly golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes
Chocolate Cinnamon Applesauce Muffin Recipe
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins With Yogurt For Brunch
Simple Bran Flake Muffins Recipe