Try these easy pumpkin muffins for a Fall brunch or any time of year. They are made with canned pumpkin, cinnamon, sour cream, and milk and finished with a sugar topping. If you are hosting a fall brunch or Thanksgiving brunch, these muffins are a nice addition to your food menu.
They are lightly sweetened, but not too much so the full flavor of the pumpkin comes through. Serve them with a quiche or eggs along with a apple fruit salad for a simple meal.
I made these using both a regular sized muffin pan and also a mini-muffin pan and both turned out great. They have a wonderful flavor that is not too strong.
A word of caution: This does make a pretty large batch, which is fine for a brunch, but if there will only be a few eating them, I recommend cutting the recipe in half.
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and stir with a whisk. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, sour cream, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, egg, and egg white with a whisk.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until combined and moist.
- Spray muffin pans with vegetable cooking spray (use the spray with flour if you have it). Spoon the batter 3/4 full into 18 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and brown sugar, sprinkle evenly over each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.
- Remove the muffins and place them on a wire rack immediately to cool.
Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Chocolate Cinnamon Applesauce Muffin Recipe
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins With Yogurt For Brunch
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Simple Bran Flake Muffins Recipe