Fall harvest squash muffins are made with fresh cooked squash and seasoned with brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Serve these savory muffins for a fall breakfast or brunch menu.
These muffins turn out moist because of the squash and have the wonderful flavors of brown sugar and maple syrup in them. The pumpkin pie spice adds a nice touch of fall flavors.
When you have a few too many squash left over from you garden, this is a delicious way to try a new recipe. You can use Acorn or Butternut squash in this recipe. Feel free to experiment with other types of winter squash too. I prefer the Butternut squash for its consistency, but it comes down to personal preference and sometimes what you grew in your garden!
If you are unsure how to prepare squash, learn how easy it is to cook squash in the microwave. You can also roast it in the oven too. Either method works well. Just make sure to let the cooked squash cool down to room temperature before making the muffins.
“Yummy. Muffins, all liked them. I added. Chocolate. Chips. Thanks! I made them with winter squash.” – Margo C. via FB
Fall Harvest Squash Muffins Recipe
Fall Harvest Squash Muffins
- 1 cup cooked acorn or butternut squash
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked squash, brown sugar, maple syrup, slightly beaten egg, vegetable oil and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry in thirds, stirring slightly after each addition.
- Mix just until the batter is combined and slightly lumpy. Do not over mix the batter.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or foil muffin cups. If you do not have paper muffin cups, be sure to grease the pan with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Each will be at least 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the muffin springs back to the touch and turn out golden brown.
Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List