Try these easy pumpkin pancakes for a fall breakfast or brunch. They are made with canned pumpkin and seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. What a fun treat to offer your friends and family for brunch! Serve them with real maple syrup or strawberry maple syrup on top and a side of sausage or maple flavored bacon.
Put out your fall decorations and an autumn colored tablecloth. Light a cinnamon candle on the table. The few extras in decorating will make this a special brunch.
Pumpkin is an excellent source of Vitamin A and also fiber, making these a healthier alternative than the standard pancake.
These pancakes are a bit more dense than what you may be used to. So, they are not exactly the light and fluffy variety of a pancake. The center is more like the consistency of pumpkin pie. It makes them a bit different, but they were well liked by my husband and son. Serve with whipped cream on top, syrup, fried sausage, and a glass of orange juice. You won’t need much more than that.
This recipe calls for nuts in the batter, but that is completely optional. They add some additional flavor and texture, but can easily be left out.
Easy Pumpkin Pancakes
Easy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups solid pack canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces finely chopped pecans optional
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin, vegetable oil, vanilla, and pecans until well blended.
- Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture just until evenly moistened. The batter will be thick.
- Heat a non-stick pancake griddle or frying pan and scoop about 1/3 cup portions onto the griddle. Spread into 5-inch rounds.
- Cook until the pancakes have a nice golden brown color and then flip and cook a bit longer.
- Serve hot with warm maple syrup.
More Pancake Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Simple Pancake Recipe For Light And Fluffy Pancakes
Easy Pancake Recipe With Buttermilk
Buttermilk Pancakes for Brunch
Fresh Strawberry Butter Recipe