A simple pancake recipe made with basic ingredients you have in the house. Serve these light and fluffy pancakes for breakfast or brunch.
There is something to be said for simplicity and many times that is all you need when it comes to pancakes. Top them with anything you want from pure maple syrup, homemade maple strawberry syrup, or blueberry sauce.
If you have ever been disappointed with the flavor of pre-packaged pancake mixes, but find yourself short on time for breakfast, this recipe goes together quickly. Serve hot and fresh pancakes for breakfast or brunch this weekend.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
For variety, add in a handful of chocolate chips or fresh blueberries to the batter. The children will love it.
This recipe makes about 7-8 pancakes and serves 4. You can double the recipe if needed.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Simple Pancake Recipe For Light And Fluffy Pancakes
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 5 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and granulated sugar) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add in beaten eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir together with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Place approximately ¼ cup of batter and fry on a non-stick heated griddle or frying pan until bubbly and golden brown flipping once. You may need to add a bit of butter if you don't have a non-stick pan.
- Place on a plate between a clean towel to keep them warm until you are done frying.