A simple maple strawberry syrup recipe made with fresh or frozen whole strawberries, sugar, and real maple syrup. Serve over pancakes, waffles or French toast for breakfast or brunch.
I will say, this ranks as one of my favorite pancake toppings because you get the tangy strawberry flavor and the smooth finish of maple syrup and is what makes this recipe different from so many others out there. This recipe uses real maple syrup and I would recommend using the same. My recommendation is to shy away from imitation maple syrup as it may produce poor results.
This is one of my own creations that I came up with when I wanted to see how the two flavors would work together in one sauce. They tasted good separately on pancakes, so I wondered if they could be successfully combined. So, if you think you have to choose between strawberry sauce or maple syrup; now you can have both together.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Because of the deep red color, it also looks pretty on your breakfast table. The maple syrup in the recipe also gives the sauce a bit more body and the vanilla extract gives it a deep, rich flavor.
Serve this syrup over any of these recipes for pancakes, waffles, and French toast. This can also be used for an ice cream sundae topping or served over cakes like angel food, pound cake or cheesecakes. Use your imagination and get creative with the different ways to use this pancake topping.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Maple Strawberry Syrup
- 1-16 ounce package frozen sliced or whole unsweetened strawberries (thawed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thaw the strawberries and bring them to room temperature. Place the entire package in a sieve colander and mash the berries with a large spatula or wooden spoon. Strain the juice from the strawberries into a mixing bowl and then pour into a glass measure. You should have about 1 cup of juice.
- If you cannot get a cup of strawberry juice, try microwaving the berries for 30 seconds to warm them and allow the juice to come out. (You may also add 1-2 Tablespoons of water to make 1 cup). Place the mashed berries in a separate bowl. They will be added back in later.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup strawberry juice and 1 cup granulated sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 minute, constantly stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, maple syrup, and the mashed strawberries. Cool for 10-15 minutes and serve over pancakes, waffles, or ice cream.
More Pancake and Waffle Topping Recipes