This recipe for Grandma’s homemade waffles is made with eggs, sugar, milk, and butter. Whipped egg whites make these waffles light, delicate, and fluffy. Serve for breakfast or brunch with real dairy butter and maple syrup.
If your have been searching for waffles like Grandma used to make, try this delicious recipe that was made by my Grandmother for many years on her dairy farm and made in large quantities.
This sweet treat was served for breakfast for her husband, 5 hungry boys and a couple of hired hands. There certainly weren’t any leftovers.
These waffles are crisp, light, delicate, and absolutely delicious because of the whipped egg whites added to the recipe.They are best served with real dairy butter and maple syrup.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
“Made these for my family this morning after my husband tossed a batch of dense waffles from a mix. These are delicious and light- a definite keeper!” – Keisha Stevens Williams via FB
“I prepared your waffle recipe and the results were great. They taste great very light waffles. Thanks for your recipe.” – Goya R Delgado via FB
Grandma’s Homemade Waffles Recipe
Grandma's Homemade Waffles
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat waffle iron or waffle maker.
- Separate eggs. With an electric hand mixer, beat the whites of two eggs until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks , sugar, and milk together until combined.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- Add the egg yolk, sugar and milk mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the melted butter. Mix well.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Fry in your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions.