A Belgian waffle recipe made with buttermilk, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Serve these Belgian waffles for breakfast and brunch topped with warm maple syrup, real whipped cream and an extra dash of cinnamon on top.
This waffle recipe is just a bit different than the traditional, as it uses brown sugar instead of the standard white granulated sugar. The result is a richer tasting waffle with a hint of cinnamon in it.
Waffles, Waffles, Waffles!
Are you crazy for waffles or know someone who is? Check out these awesome waffle shirts on Etsy and show your love of waffles. On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Brown Sugar Belgian Waffle Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat waffle maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Separate 3 eggs. Save the egg whites in a separate bowl for later.
- To the yolks add buttermilk, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk together.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix.
- In your separate mixing bowl whip 3 egg whites until fluffy (stiff but not dry) and fold into the waffle batter.
- Bake these Belgian waffles in your waffle iron by pouring in ladles of the batter and frying until golden brown.
Serve these waffles with butter, maple syrup, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Old-Fashioned Waffle Recipes
Waffle Helps, Tips and How-To’s