Homemade Dessert waffles are sweetened waffles filled with ice cream or topped with whipped cream, syrups, jams, or dessert sauces. Serve these waffles for a special dessert after a main meal or for breakfast or brunch.
If you have not tried a waffle for dessert yet, you are in for a treat! You will love this easy homemade waffle recipe that tastes great with maple syrup and butter, or dress it up and serve this waffle as a wonderful dessert.
This recipe is a bit sweeter than a traditional waffle with the addition of sugar and vanilla, but they can still be used for a traditional breakfast or brunch.
Top them with sweetened fresh fruit such as blueberries, cherries, or strawberries and sweetened whipped cream.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Fill 2 waffles with whipped cream and/or ice cream in the middle before serving and top with raspberry sauce, apple cider syrup, hot fudge, or caramel sauce.
Homemade Dessert Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups of sweet milk
- 2 eggs yolks and whites separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons of melted butter
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, sift together the 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Set the bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the yolks only of 2 eggs and the vanilla until smooth and lemon colored. Whisk in 2 cups of milk.
- Add the egg mixture to the bowl of flour. Beat together until the batter is smooth and free of lumps. Stir in the melted butter and mix well.
- Using a separate large chilled bowl and beaters, beat the whites only of the 2 eggs until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the batter being careful not to overmix.
- Bake them according to manufacturers directions in your electric waffle maker.