Cinnamon apple waffles are made with fresh shredded apples, cinnamon, butter, egg, and milk. These homemade waffles bake light and fluffy with a crisp edge. Serve this waffle recipe for breakfast or brunch.
When fall is approaching my thoughts turn to the delight of biting into a crisp ripe apple. If you don’t have your own apple tree in your yard, look for a local farmers market and you might get to sample a few types of apples.
While traditional waffles are tasty on their own, this recipe takes a twist by adding a shredded apple into the batter. Add in the heady fragrance of cinnamon and your kitchen will smell wonderful when you are making these for breakfast.
Waffles, Waffles, Waffles!
Are you crazy for waffles or know someone who is? Check out these awesome waffle shirts on Etsy and show your love of waffles. On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Pancake And Waffle Toppings
Cinnamon Apple Waffles
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and shredded (using a large hole cheese grater)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat waffle maker or waffle iron.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, beat eggs until thick and creamy.
- Add milk, melted butter and vanilla to the eggs. Beat well until incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the fresh shredded apple.
- Bake as your waffle iron or waffle maker directs.
Serve with fresh sweetened whipped cream and cinnamon syrup.
Old-Fashioned Waffle Recipes
Waffle Helps, Tips and How-To’s