A fun recipe for chocolate chip pancakes made with fresh buttermilk, eggs, butter, and chocolate chips. Serve these pancakes for breakfast or brunch with maple or strawberry syrup and top with fresh whipped cream.
Homemade pancakes are always a treat for the family. The children will especially like the chocolate chips in the batter. Actually, I think just about everyone will appreciate the chocolate chips in the batter!
They are shown with homemade maple strawberry syrup and sweetened whipped cream. Blueberry sauce would be a nice alternative as well. I love the bright red color of the strawberry syrup. What a nice surprise for your special loved ones on Valentine’s Day or Christmas.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
If you want to go all out you could also serve these chocolate chip pancakes with vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.
The heart and daisy shapes of these pancakes were made with pancake cut outs. Sometimes it is fun to experiment with new shapes. They are easy to use and will add a memorable touch to your breakfast or brunch table.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 Cups fresh buttermilk*
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 of a large bag-Approx. 1 cup)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk in the fresh buttermilk until combined with the flour mixture.
- In a small separate mixing bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and add to the pancake batter. Stir well.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and stir into the pancake batter.
- Stir in 6 ounces chocolate chips.
- Pour small amounts into a frying pan or a pancake griddle and fry until soft bubbles form on the surface. Flip with a spatula and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup or fruit syrups and fresh, sweetened whipped cream.
Serves about 6-8.
*If you do not have fresh buttermilk, you can substitute 1 cup of water and 4 Tablespoons Saco Buttermilk powder instead. It works very well. Buttermilk powder is found in most larger grocery stores, either near the powdered milk section or sometimes in the baking section. It is a great item to have on hand.