A quick and easy banana pancake recipe made from milk, eggs, butter, and fresh bananas. Serve these easy banana pancakes for breakfast or brunch with butter and maple syrup or homemade blueberry sauce.
Boy, do these smell good in the kitchen while you are cooking them! This recipe is simple and easy to make and fries well on a griddle. They turn out a beautiful golden brown in color and look great stacked on a plate.
If you have a few leftover over-ripe bananas hanging around this is a great way to use them up. Top them with a few extra slices of banana on top. Serve them with maple syrup or strawberry syrup and whipped cream.
Bananas in the batter add a nice light flavor to the pancakes and gives you the added benefit of being healthy for you.
You could also add some finely chopped nuts into the recipe if you wish (about 1/2 cup). I personally prefer my pancakes without nuts, but I know some of you do like nuts in pancakes.
Serve these quick and easy homemade banana pancakes with fruit juice or fresh fruit. You can also dress up the pancakes by getting out some antique plates, especially if they have a nice pattern on them.
I love the recipe! Super perfect for my breakfast with my daughter. Thank you! – Stephanie S. via FB
Easy Banana Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 1-2 medium bananas)
- Preheat griddle or frying pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, blend milk and eggs together. Add the melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir gently.
- Fold in the mashed bananas just before frying.
- Fry the banana pancakes on a hot griddle, until golden brown, turning once when small bubbles rise to the top.