Try these homemade banana nut muffins made with ripe bananas and chopped walnuts. Serve these quick and easy muffins warm for breakfast or brunch with butter or cream cheese.
Nothing beats the aroma of fresh baked muffins wafting from the kitchen on a weekend morning. If they last long enough you can send them along for a work or school lunch treat.
Chopped walnuts gives a nice flavor to these muffins but you can also substitute chopped pecans based on your personal preference.
They are quick and easy to make and it is a great way to use up some of those over-ripe bananas.
Tip: The riper the bananas, the better these muffins will taste.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Serve them with coffee or orange juice or use them as part of a brunch menu.
While they make an easy breakfast you can try making them in mini-muffin pans for a nice change.
Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
Homemade Banana Nut Muffins
- 1/4 cup of butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 medium size ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer on high, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, and bananas and mix together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently fold into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the finely chopped walnuts.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full, distributing evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pans.